Nobody understands the common symptoms and pain associated with TMJ better than a General Dentist. Windsor’s own Dr. Zusko and his team focus primarily on the diagnosis and treatment of TMJ & Ortho. There are many different symptoms of TMJ disorder and they can vary significantly from one person to the next.
A sign is an objective clinical finding that the clinician uncovers. A symptom on the other hand, is a description or complain reported by the patient.
TMJ / TMD is not a single disease. TMD is multifactorial and refers to many diseases.
Non TMD related facial pain 25%
TMD related facial pain 75%
Muscle and joint 45%
Other TMD’s not joint or muscle 25%
If you are experiencing any TMJ symptoms, we recommend you complete our online self-assessment survey. Then call to schedule an appointment to meet our team at our practice, since the best way to accurately diagnose TMJ disorder is by careful evaluation performed by a General Dentist who focuses on TMJ & Ortho.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Zusko to discuss your symptoms. We can determine whether the symptoms you are experiencing are caused by TMJ and develop your personalized treatment plan.
• Occlusal Muscle Disharmony (OMD)
• Hyperactivity – Bracing, Clenching, Avoiding Sleep Bruxing
• Triggerpoints/ Myofascial Pain
• Muscle Spasm
• Dysfunction/ Disharmony in movement
• Overuse Myalgia
• Cervical Damage – Atlas Misalignment
• Referred pain from neck muscles
• Migraine Headaches – cervical/ trigeminal mediated
• Trigeminal Neuralgia
• Bell’s Palsy
• Physical damage to disc(s) and ligaments
• Avascular Necrosis
• Tissue inflammatory Bone Resorption
• Rheumatoid Arthritis
• Lyme Disease
• Joint Infection – Staph, Strep, Syphilis
• Compromised Condylar Perfusion
• Cancer TM Joint/ TM Bones
• Synovial Cyst
• Cancer – head, neck central
• Coronary Artery Disease
• Centrally Medicated Pain
• Migraine headaches
• Infections – Sinus, ear, teeth, periodontal
• Temporal Arteritis
· Locked jaw or the jaw getting stuck when opening
· Popping, clicking or grinding when opening and closing the mouth
· Pain when opening or closing of the mouth, as well as chewing
· Swelling, inflammation or tension in the back, neck face and shoulders
· Aching near the ear; buzzing or ringing in the ear
· A limited range of motion of the mouth
If you are experiencing any TMJ symptoms, recommend you call to schedule an appointment to meet our team at TMJ Ortho as the only way to accurately diagnose TMJ disorder is by careful evaluation performed by a TMJ disorders trained dentist. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Zusko to discuss your symptoms to determine whether the symptoms you are experiencing are caused by TMJ and develop your personalized treatment plan today.
Get In Touch
Windsor, ON N8Y 4T9
Monday: 8:00am to 6:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am to 5:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am to 12:00pm
Friday: 8:00am to 5:00pm
In case of emergency, call our office at 519-985-6988 and leave a message for on our call doctor.